5 Reasons Why Spring & Summer Are Perfect Times for Buying an Electric Fireplace
Electric fireplaces make a great addition to homes for a variety of reasons. As we move into spring, perhaps you’ve been thinking of adding some kind of fireplace for the upcoming winter season. If so, now is a good time to learn about the advantages and benefits of these appliances and start shopping for the ideal unit.
Here are five reasons to start shopping.
1. Determine if an electric fireplace is right for you. The purchase of a fireplace is an important undertaking. After you decide that you want a fireplace, take some time to consider the pros and cons of the different types. With an electric fireplace, you get instant heat, zero mess, no maintenance, easy installation and ultimate safety. If these benefits are important to you, you’ll be very pleased with an electric fireplace.
2. Educate yourself. Electric fireplaces come in many sizes, shapes, styles and finishes. By learning what’s available, checking out the appliances at your local hearth store, and maybe reading up on them online, you’ll be able to make the best decision. If you’re planning to add several units for zone heating in specific rooms, you’ll want to give yourself enough time to have all the details ironed out so everything will be ready before winter arrives.
3. Buy early for the best selection. With winter just over and warmer months on the way, most people are getting busy – too busy to be thinking about a new fireplace. But as summer passes, more purchases will be made, depleting the inventory. By shopping now, you’ll have more variety to choose from and may benefit from some close-out specials.
4. Give yourself time for any construction necessary. Depending on where you will place your new electric fireplace, there may be some remodeling work needed. Generally, electric fireplaces are easy to install, but many homeowners enjoy adding these appliances in unique areas of the home and including fancy mantels and surrounds. Some of this work can take a little time, so you don’t want to put it off till the last minute.
5. Start enjoying your fireplace right away. If you’ve decided an electric fireplace is the way to go, it makes sense to get it installed now and begin using it. In Wisconsin, many spring evenings (and some summer ones!) need a little chill taken off them, and there’s no better way to do it quickly and efficiently than with a nice electric fireplace.
At Burlington Fireplace & Solar of Wisconsin, you can see many exciting electric fireplace models this spring and summer and get the expert advice you need to make the best choice. We not only sell fireplaces, but we also install them anywhere in your home you want them. Stop in and see us at 857 Milwaukee Ave. in Burlington, or if you have questions, you can reach us at (262) 763-3522.