Our fireplace professionals travel around Milwaukee serving customers in towns like Elkhorn WI, Port Washington WI, Beloit WI, West Allis WI, Pewaukee WI, and Union Grove WI.
Fireplace doors and screens are fireplace accessories which deserve to be on a homeowner’s must-have list. Combining beauty, practicality, safety features, and more, fireplace screens and doors both come in many different styles and sizes. At Burlington Fireplace in Southeast Wisconsin, we carry a full line of these essential fireplace accessories.
Benefits of a Fireplace Screen
The number one safety benefit of placing a fireplace screen in front of a fire in your fireplace is that it will prevent embers and sparks from popping out of the fire and onto your carpet or some other combustible surface nearby. Some types of wood to be careful with because they are well known for popping include: pine, shaggy juniper, alligator juniper, and cedar. But no matter what type of firewood you use, it’s important to use a screen because of the very real danger of your home catching fire as a result of a hot ember escaping the firebox.
Fireplace screens can also help to protect pets and small children from accidentally tumbling into a hot firebox.
As practical as fireplace screens are, they can also add elegance or any other type of decorative flare that fits with you décor.
Folded decorative screens and flat metal screens are among our bestsellers; check out our full line of fireplace screens. We are confident you will find one that can make your fireplace even more of an impressive focal point than it is now.
Benefits of Fireplace Doors
Adding a door to your fireplace has many benefits, including:
- It can save you money to install glass doors on your fireplace. First, it’s less expensive to install a door than it is to install a fireplace insert, which serves a similar purpose of making your fireplace more efficient. Second, you will cut energy costs because less heat escapes through the fireplace opening. Third, during the summer months, the glass fireplace doors will prevent cool air from escaping and will keep hot air out at the same time. In fact, problematic chimney air flow is cut by 99% with the proper installation of glass doors.
- Fireplace doors provide a seal at the opening of the fireplace, which prevents embers and sparks from escaping the firebox and starting a fire.
- When downdrafts occur, the seal provided by the glass fireplace doors prevents a sudden rush of smoke and other combustion materials from entering your home. If the fireplace tends to be smoky, the glass doors will also prevent the draft from routinely pushing smoke into the room.
- Glass doors can help keep stray items from entering the fire when pets and children are around. They can also prevent anyone from falling into the fire. It’s important, however, to teach children that glass doors can be very hot and should never be touched.
- Fireplace doors come in a variety of styles and can add to the beauty of your hearth.
Contact our chimney professionals at Burlington Fireplace in Southeast Wisconsin today to upgrade the safety and beauty of your fireplace with fireplace doors and a decorative screen.